‘Turbocharging online businesses in Malaysia’ – A roundup of the eCommerce workshop
With a rapidly growing digital population of more than 22 million people, Malaysia is believed to be the epicenter for the next eCommerce boom in Southeast Asia. With the eCommerce market currently estimated at $1B in 2015, it is already on the growth trajectory & expected to grow to $8B in the next 10 years. To help the eCommerce ecosystem of Malaysia capitalize on this, Vinculum, a leading cloud-based order management, and fulfillment products company hosted a workshop in partnership with Malaysia E-Commerce Association on 1st August 2017 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The main agenda being, to help individuals, businesses, brands to understand the “what’s” and “how’s” of eCommerce operations and how technology can help “Turbocharge their Online Businesses”.
The event kicked-off with an opening keynote by Mr. Hoo Chong Long (President of Malaysia E-Commerce Association), where he shed some light on the current opportunities for growth, challenges and how technology will be the key enabler going forward. He also shared the initiatives (seminars, workshops, events) being planned by the Association to fuel the growth of eCommerce in Malaysia and make it the eCommerce power center for entire Southeast Asia.
Vipul Tripathi (Regional Manager, Southeast Asia) then went on to talk about Vinculum as an organization, its track record of being a retail and eCommerce enabler in the Southeast Asia geography since 2007. He also shared brief summaries of client engagements including Popular Book Stores, Fabelio, Ralali, A.S. Watson Group, etc.
Ritwik Jain and Swajot Singh, both heading Indonesia and Thailand geographies respectively ran detailed product demos showing how not only brands but even sellers and 3rd party logistics companies can leverage on Vinculum’s products to sell on multiple online shops (Lazada, Lelong, etc.) and undertake B2C fulfillment respectively. The demo was followed-up with Q&A’s and a hands-on product experience session, where folks got to use the product and browse through the features in detail.
Major pointers covered:
- Cross-Border Commerce – how ready integrations to leading marketplaces and 3rd party logistics companies can enable any online seller or business to undertake cross-border commerce
- Selling on Online Shops – how easy and intuitive it is with Vin eRetail eXpress to manage orders, inventory and returns using a single screen
- Listing – how auto-listing works and how does one SKU gets uploaded on multiple online shops (Lazada, Lelong, 11Street) without having to undergo the hassle of doing the process manually
- Ready Integrations – how 100+ integrations with leading webstores (Magento, Shopify, etc.) 3PLs (LBC, JNE, One World, etc.) and online shops (Lazada, Zalora, etc.) can enable brands to go for an online presence, sellers to start selling online readily and 3rd Party Logistics companies to undertake B2C and Cross-Border Fulfillment
- Product Features:
- Integration with Quickbooks
- Return request generation and automated reverse pickup through APIs
- Multiple invoice support for single shipment
& many others
Wrapping up the event, was an open networking session over lunch where the attendees discussed and brainstormed ideas and plans with representatives of Vinculum and Malaysia E-Commerce Association. Promotional offers included: Free onboarding on to the product, attractive pre-paid recharge offers and transaction fees based on order volume.
Vinculum is a global software company enabling the eCommerce ecosystem with SaaS-based products for order management and fulfillment. With ready integrations to web-stores, 3PLs and marketplaces, Vinculum enables multi-channel collaboration to help 3PLs, CPG companies, Retailers, eTailers, Marketplaces and Sellers on Marketplaces to sell across channels, fulfill cost-effectively and unlock new revenue streams.
About Malaysia E-Commerce Association
Malaysia eCommerce Association (MEA) was established as a platform that provides all e-commerce-related knowledge and tools for Malaysian SME entrepreneurs who wish to transform their business from the traditional format to an online business. Through the MEA platform, they are building and maintaining a healthy eCommerce community to allow all members to exchange/share issues related to eCommerce, in addition to imparting knowledge and learning on the matter.
To know more about the workshop and understand how Vinculum turbocharges the eCommerce ecosystem, please write to us at [email protected]
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!