Last Updated on 24th May 2018
About this Policy
This webpage sets out when and how we use your personal information that you or others provide to us. It applies to how we collect, use and share personal information about you via our website or when you interact with us, via different mediums: direct or digital.
The policy will no longer apply if you navigate away from this site as we will lose control over your browsing security & other sites’ information handling practices.
We at Vinculum believe in Privacy by Design/Default & use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized processing and accidental loss, disclosure, access, destruction, or alteration.
How do we know you?
- Primary & Secondary Research
Our products are based on research, market insights, analyst recommendations & valuable feedback from our clients & prospects. Besides, we are on a constant look out for the best brands we want to work with. To that end, our team conducts primary & secondary research to reach out to brands like yours & seek opportunities to collaborate.
- Sign-up to our Services
- When you buy software or services from us, we will use your personal information to fulfil your needs, keep you updated on its status, and to provide you with the software or service you have requested. The details we collect from you when you sign up include your name, address, country, email address, phone number, website URL.
- To complete your sign up, we share your personal information with our licensed/authorised partners who are involved in the sign up process, such as technical service providers, as well as credit reference agencies who we use to assess fraud, credit and/or security risks. This information is processed to register for our services and provide benefits as per the contract.
- Registration to our online webinars or industry events
- When you register your details to attend one of our events (such as our online webinars in association with our partners) or to meet us at an event, we will collect the following information from you: name, email address, company details, phone number, country, website URL.
- We need to use your personal information in this way to complete the booking contract between us.
- For online webinars, the information gets registered using the third party online webinar platform from where you will receive reminders and notifications for joining the webinar as well as for accessing the recorded webinar video. We ensure that these platforms respect your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information that you provide to us. The data is never shared, disclosed, accessed, or altered by them or us.
- Phone Calls, Contact us by email or our website chat/registration service
- When you contact us by email or phone call or use our website chat service for any queries, we may also handle your personal information (name, email address, company details, phone number, country, website URL and the other details you provide to us) in order to provide the customer services / request for information/ Collateral/ Product demos/ Call Backs or promotional material as applicable. This could be when you ask us to provide more information about our services, products and partners or to explain how Vinculum works and how we can help you with our solutions/services.
- If our customer services to you is part of your contract with us, we use your data as part of fulfilling the contract and its terms between us. In all other cases, we rely on your consent to handle your personal information.
- If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
- Online Website Forms
This section applies if you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, or have previously expressed an interest in Vinculum’s software or services and not opted out.
- Our online forms collect information if you complete any of the various forms on our site to contact us, make inquiries, download our resources, subscribe to our newsletter, career queries or any other form of query. We will collect your personal information i.e. name, email address, phone number, the details of your business and other relevant information, which is indicated on the form that you need to complete to provide you with marketing communications in line with any preferences you have told us about.
- When we send you marketing emails because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you for marketing purposes.
- Every email we send to you for marketing purposes will also contain instructions on how to unsubscribe from receiving them. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Other Information to make our site better:
- We collect information about your IP address, browser type, time zone setting, browsing habits, the URLs you visited before and after visiting our site including date and time), page hits, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), page views and methods used to browse away from the page to make your user experience better (such as by displaying links to relevant resources and services that we think you will be interested in). This user experience will be tailored for you and will be unique for you.
- We will also use your personal information for the purposes of making our site more secure, and to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- A cookie is a small data file that is placed on the hard drive of your computer when you visit the Vinculum website. We use traffic cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us manage and analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website performance. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used to integrate our site with popular social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) Social Media cookies allow visitors to share content quickly and easily with their social networks.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to measure website traffic and activity.
- We also share your aggregated, personal data with third-party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
You can also prevent us from tracking your personal information by using the ‘do not track’ functionality in your internet browser. If you enable do not track functionality, our site may be less tailored to your needs and preferences.
What do we know about you?
The data we collect about you is related to you as a business or as a business owner or as a part of an organization we are in active communication or potential business relationship. To uniquely identify you, we may keep a record of your name, your organization, your designation, email id and /or phone number, country and any other information provided to us by you, your organization and our business partners.
Our aim is to share latest trends, knowledge, success stories valuable insights from about the Retail & eCommerce ecosystem – from us & our knowledge partners. We may, from time to time also reach out to you to discuss opportunities of collaboration, where we can add value to your business, offers & related promotions, no -obligation SME evaluation of our product fitment with your business opportunities.
With whom we share this information?
- For a marketing campaign, seminar etc., offered by Vinculum and an authorized Vinculum partner.
- We may share information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf for you.
- In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
Is your contact information secure?
We endeavor to undertake initiatives to keep your information secure. We have internal procedures in place requiring our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. Note that Vinculum may in special cases transfer and store your personal information to our overseas facilities. However, this is no way changes our commitment to the privacy and security of your data.
Vinculum’s SaaS solution stack is based upon Amazon Web Services, utilizing the elastic scalability and economic advantages of distributed cloud computing. Being a technical partner of Amazon web services, we integrate their secure & elastic cloud deployments into our product architecture which will benefit our clients. We make use of a number of Amazon products:
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) – To host our web-servers on powerful virtual machines, we make use of the EC2 platform provided by the AWS.
- Relational Database Service (RDS) – Amazon’s managed MySQL database product is used for its high availability and backup mechanism.
- Amazon CloudFront – Lightning speed delivery of images is done using the Amazon’s CloudFront Content Distribution Network.
To access the Vinculum system, an account ID, username and password are mandatory. Also, access to the back-office Vinculum administration area is provided over a TLS encrypted secured connection.
To ensure the safety of your data that you enter into Vinculum’s site, backup is performed at regular interval on the cloud which is secured via multiple security provisions.
While transferring your data to our service providers or third parties, we ensure its protection by making sure that we follow at least one of the following:
- your personal information will be transferred to a country only when it has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
- only specific contracts that are approved by the European Commission will be used;
- the providers based in the US and Asia can access the transferred data only if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
We retain client data for a period of 5 years following the termination of your service or interest in our services. This will ensure that we are able to assist you if you have any questions, feedback or issues about our services or as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or legal requirements.
We will retain the personal information provided by you to us for an indefinite period of time within which you have rights to unsubscribe, opt out or indicate that you do not wish to hear from us- in which case your personal information will be removed from our CRM/mailing lists etc.
In some circumstances (such as market analysis) we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have the right to:
- Opt-out of any mailing lists you are subscribed to: While we strive to provide you with offers and services that are of benefit and interest to you, we offer you the ability to opt out of receiving information of our products and services at any time.
- Change or Access your information: You may at any time access and change your account or personal information or subscribed services. You can easily access and manage your subscription preferences by following the link that may be provided in our subscription emails. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
- Right to ask us to remove your data or complain: We have appropriate internal processes governed by Information Compliance office to ensure data security & privacy. The department can be reached at [email protected] Please reach out should you have any feedback, suggestions or complaints.
You can also change your preferences by submitting this form
Websites we link to
Our website may connect with different websites and contain multiple links of our partners and affiliates. In case you follow a link to any of these websites or use their services, you have left our site and these websites have their own privacy policies.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites.
Use of Services By Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under sixteen (16).
We may add to, or change this Policy from time to time. The updated policy will be available on our website. If you wish to get in touch with us or have any queries about the amendments made to the way we handle your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected] at any time or address your queries, requests or comments to Vinculum Solutions, Building No. 1, First Floor, Infospace Building, Plot 2B, Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201307