Sell on JD Worldwide
The technological advancements and ever-evolving consumer behavior have paved the way for the eCommerce business’s comprehensive success. Today’s average customer prefers shopping online from multiple eCommerce platforms than visiting brick-and-mortar stores. They are leaning heavily on the benefits that online shopping has to offer – from a wide range of products from national/international brands to ease of purchase to great deals, and discounts, etc. eCommerce brands whether giants or new entrants have a massive scope, and opportunities ahead for them.
Apart from other global nations, China seems to have a vast set of opportunities for eCommerce businesses to flourish. Being a prominent leader in the eCommerce domain with thrice the market size of the US, China witnesses an annual growth of 22.5% over the last decade. If you are eyeing to cash in on this opportunity, JD Worldwide is your go-to option!
To offer you a brief background, JD (Jingdong) is a B2C online retail and marketplace platform following closely behind Tmall by Alibaba. It is China’s largest online direct retailer, offering the largest fulfilment infrastructure facilities to the local/overseas eCommerce businesses. Established in 2015, within less than a decade JD Worldwide emerged as one of the rapidly-growing cross-border e-commerce platforms in China.
Some of the key aspects about JD Worldwide are:
- It offers the overseas brands an easy entry onto china’s vast domestic market
- The overseas businesses need not have a legal entity/bank information in China to start selling on JD Worldwide
- It offers comprehensive support to retailers from planning, marketing to JD.com’s 150 million active users to order fulfilment
JD Worldwide offers two operations models.
- Reseller Model – In this approach, JD Worldwide purchases products from international brands and sells them directly to the consumers in China
- Platform Model – It hosts a foreign brand’s or merchant’s store on their platform and allows them to sell to Chinese consumers with an annual flat-rate platform charge is $1,000 USD and, depending on the category, a consumer deposit of $10,000 to $15,000 USD. Depending on the product category, the commission may range from 2% to 10%.
Seamless user experience, lightning-fast delivery, excellent customer service with after-sales care are some of the strong fortes of JD Worldwide.
Here are some of the key benefits of opting to sell on JD Worldwide.
- From consultancy, planning, implementation to full operation, JD Worldwide assists the platform retailers in a holistic, easy, and hassle-free manner
- Communicating with JD is easy, quick, and seamless
- Setting up a JD Worldwide flagship store is relatively easy unlike other eCommerce platforms
- JD Worldwide offers the retailers cutting-edge, and comprehensive Chinese customer research and insights to help them reshape their marketing strategy and curating their product portfolio
- Integrated product management, product analysis and store management – these are some of the given with JD Worldwide
- JD helps retailers in generating premium content to attract Chinese consumers
- Retailers can also leverage Chinese Digital Marketing
- Review management – from coordinating the process of review generation to managing negative reviews by unsatisfied customers, JD takes care of it all
- JD Worldwide is widely celebrated for its top-notch customer service. From communication to the same-day delivery model, JD aces the customer service funnel and comes out with flying colors
So, are you excited to begin selling on JD Worldwide? Here you go! The initial formality includes a discovery contract, which is priced at USD 1500 for small businesses, and USD 2000 for medium-scale businesses. The discovery contract usually includes a dedicated proposal within a week and a half an hour of telephonic/skype consultation session.
You can pay for the discovery contract through Paypal, or send your request via JD Worldwide’s contact form. Next, you may fill in the China eCommerce service request form that JD will email you after your payment is processed. Mention your detailed situation and challenges with supporting documents, which will be evaluated by the expert team at JD Worldwide. Then, a formal proposal will be issued for your confirmation and further payment. The project starts after the payment is done. JD Worldwide reserves the right to decline the request if your demand is outside of its expertise, and scope.
Vinculum offers cutting-edge, convenient, and contextual crossborder selling platforms, and services. Do connect with the experts at Vinculum to explore more!
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!