How to Sell an Item on eBay Singapore for Free
Deprecated: Function get_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0.0! Use get_user_meta() instead. in /usr01/websites/dev.vinculumgroup.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031
We live in a world of constant change and innovation. And Singapore is well-positioned at the crux of this transformation. Amid this new normal, Singapore has a strategic advantage of being geographically located among numerous leading economies. With global borders reopening up since the travel and logistics restrictions imposed due to the pandemic, e-commerce is one of the industries that are on the verge of expanding its market presence in Asia. Leading the baton is eBay!
eBay is an online marketplace that connects millions of buyers and sellers worldwide, facilitating consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales. Founded in 1995, eBay has maintained its status in the e-commerce space since then. Though at present, we have many alternatives to this site, no one can deny that eBay grew to become one of the largest marketplaces in the world. Today, eBay features an estimated 1.4 billion product listings on any given day. One of the main reasons that guaranteed its success is the ease of usability offered by the site to sellers – even if you are a small business owner or a commoner with many books or toys currently collecting dust.
Starting as an actual peer-to-peer marketplace that offers auction-style selling, eBay also began the “Buy It Now” fixed price method of selling. For eBay Singapore, cross-border trade has been the primary focal point. As per survey reports, eBay Singapore is a hub for selling the largest number of watches, gems, jewelry, clothing items, accessories, etc.
Although selling on eBay Singapore seems like a time-consuming and daunting process, we will aim to ease this process for you in the following subsections.
Points to Remember before Creating an Account:
- Before setting up an online business presence, brainstorm viable business ideas that cater to the needs of the marketplace. For this one can Stories feature of eBay Singapore, to see what buyers are searching for. Or check Google Trends for the same.
- Find out the postage rates for Standard Mail or Non-Standard Mail. Also make sure to check out the cost with different shipping options, even the ones that include media mail.
- Click High-Resolution Images of the products that you wish to sell.
Creating Account on eBay Singapore
- Open eBay Singapore‘s homepage.
- Click on the “register” link in the upper left-hand corner. Complete the registration by filling out required information like Name, email address into the appropriate fields. Create a strong password for your account. Alternatively, you can Continue by linking your Facebook or Google or Apple ID.
- Click “Register”. An activation email will be sent to the email address that you have provided. Login in to your email account and check for an email from eBay Singapore. Select the “Activate Now” link to confirm your registration.
eBay will automatically create a username for you, but you can change it in the “My eBay” section under “Account,” then “Personal Info.” Keep in mind that the username should relate to the product you are trying to sell for better visibility. Also, you will need to set up a payment method before starting selling on eBay Singapore. Further, one must provide a payment method for eBay’s seller fees.
A) Setting up Payments
- Go to “My eBay” dropdown menu, and click on “Selling.”
- Select “Account” and then “Payments.”
- Under “Payment options”, input your bank account information. Make sure to enter details of the bank account where you would like to receive payments for your eBay Singapore. sales.
B) eBay Seller Account
- Go to “Seller Account.” Look for “Payment methods for Seller Fees.”
- Add a checking account or a credit or debit card. Pay the seller fees. Users can verify the “Total is S$ 0.00” again after they click on “Continue”.
While finishing listing, cross-check that the fee is S$ 0.00.
Next you can proceed with listing your items or products for selling.
Listing on eBay Singapore for Free
- Click “Sell” at the top of the page. Or you can Select “Start selling” under “What would you like to do next?”
- Give a descriptive title to the item you are listing for selling.
- Select the most relevant category from the list of suggested categories and click “Continue >”
- Fill out the required information Like Condition, Brand etc. Add good quality photos.
- Uncheck the box next to “Display a picture in search results to help buyers find your item.”
- Choose whether you want to go for ‘Online Auction’ or Fixed Price Selling. For the former, input “Starting price” and leave “Buy It Now price” empty. For the latter, enter the price for which you are willing to sell immediately.
- Under ‘Duration’, input 7 days or less. This is because the higher number of days would result in higher prices.
- You can choose to enter information for “Give buyers postage details” or leave it blank.
- Click “Continue >”. Verify all the details are correct under “Preview your listing”. While reviewing, check the Total is S$0.00
- Click “Continue”
Congrats! Your First Listed Item is Ready for Sale!
Things to Keep in Mind:
- You can use eBay Singapore’s Template too for listing, or create your own.
- Search eBay Singapore for an item and under “Sold Listings”, you can check for prices of similar items, if you are unsure what to price your products or items at.
- Look out for free listing offers.
Subscribe to our blog and stay updated!